The Abuja Cardiovascular Symposium (ACS) was birthed 6years ago and is focused at battling the growing cardiovascular epidemic in Nigeria and sub-Saharan Africa by assisting healthcare professionals treat their patients effectively and safely through knowledge sharing.
The ACS is aimed at providing upwardly mobile healthcare workers with up-to-date information and training on managing and providing Cardiovascular care to the Nigerian populace.
The 6th Abuja Cardiovascular Symposium engaged over 400 delegates (352-physical, 71 online) drawn from various healthcare providers and professionals across the country (Lagos, Enugu, Gombe, Katsina, Bauchi, Kano, Kaduna, Bayelsa, Nasarawa, etc.) and beyond who deeply engaged in the enriching theoretical and practical sessions in Cardiovascular Medicine.
Countdown to the next ACS
Stents done at CardioCare Hospital Abuja,
Increase in requests for medical attention to adult people during last year
Coronary Angiography Cases done in our Cath Lab
Abuja Cardiovascular Symposium is anchored by a dynamic group of facilitators that empowered the attendees with in-depth insight, alongside practical and actionable management tools in cardiovascular and emergency medicine.
In addition to the very intellectual & stimulating presentations, several topics that are covered range from hands-on Basic Life Support training, Hypertension and Diabetes Management in Outpatient Department and Emergencies, and the widely acclaimed “ECG in 90 minutes” always has the participants interpreting ECG reports at the end of the session
Beyond the symposium, we are indeed always excited at the interpersonal and corporate relationship between us which we expect would continue to grow and we indeed do look forward to your future collaborations and participation in our monthly webinars and annual symposia.
ACS Video Testimonials >>
- Expert team: Our interventional cardiology consultants are leaders in their fields. Internationally renowned teaching hospitals. You’re in the care of a skilled team.
- Complete care: If you have co-existing medical conditions, such as diabetes or kidney disease, we have the experts on hand to care for you during and after an interventional procedure. We tailor every treatment to your needs.
- State-of-the-art facility: Our hospital features ome innovative cardiac catheterisation labs and an operating theatre, all designed for your comfort and safety. We also have the latest equipment, including, CT scans, for a range of interventional procedures.
Interventional Cardiology Services We Offer:
Our interventional services include:
- Angioplasty and stent placement: This procedure is also called a percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). We open partially or completely blocked arteries with a tiny balloon and insert a stent (mesh tube) to keep blood flowing to the heart. We may use the assistance of a robot to guide the procedure for increased accuracy.
- Transcatheter valve interventions: We use keyhole techniques such as transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) or transcatheter mitral valve intervention (MitraClip) to repair or replace stenotic (narrowed) or regurgitant (leaking) valves. We can also perform interventional paravalvular leak closure if you develop a valve leak after replacement surgery.
- Congenital and acquired defect closures: Some people are born with a hole in the wall between their atria (top heart chambers) or ventricles (bottom heart chambers). Others can develop a hole soon after birth. Interventional cardiologists place closure devices across these holes in your heart to return the circulation back to normal.
- Inferior vena cava (IVC) filter: If you have blood clots in your legs, we may insert a temporary or permanent device into a large vein in your body. The device acts as a filter, preventing the blood clots from moving to your heart or lungs, where they could cause serious complications.
Conditions We Treat
Our experts use minimally invasive techniques to treat a range of heart conditions, including:
- Arrhythmias (heart rhythm disorders).
- Chest pain.